Tuesday, May 15, 2012

My Review of Gluten Free Bisquick

May is Celiac Awareness month.  Since I suffer from Celiac Disease and was diagnosed later in life, I am always happy to see items to replace what I once enjoyed.  Today I walked down the baking aisle in my local Stop and Shop store and saw Gluten Free Bisquick. Even though the box is smaller and more expensive than a normal box of Bisquick.

The texture of this Bisquick was a really fine powder.  I was worried that I would not have fluffy pancakes due to this texture. I was really surprised when I had normal looking and tasting pancakes.  Yummy!

My only complaint about the Gluten Free Bisquick is the package size. 10 pancakes took 1 cup of mix, as do most of the recipes. Once I used one cup of mix, I had half of the box gone. I was expecting a bit more use from the package.  

No comments:

Post a Comment