Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Feeling sad today

My "real job" is in a nursing home. In my job I get to know most of the residents and their family members. This is a good and bad thing. It is good because you always have someone who smiles at you and talks with you during your shift. Sometimes they even ask you to marry them daily because you remind them of their late wife. The bad thing is most of the residents are ill or elderly. Their circle of life is coming to an end.
Today the latter happened... Sigh. I know death is part of life, but it still makes you sad. This resident always made a point of saying hi to me. He would bring me coffee to my desk when I worked in the mornings. He hated the time my husband brought me dinner until I offered to let him try some of the smoked meat. 
Rest well my friend. I will miss you and your kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment