Saturday, May 12, 2012

Today is a Wow day!

Like I said earlier I am sitting on my patio enjoying the day, but I neglected to say why.  Tom, my husband  and owner of Arkansas Tom's Razorback BBQ, actually let me run the smoker from start to finish.  I asked him the other day if he thought it would be a good idea for me to practice working with the smoker and his fancy fan/computer system. We have been talking about become street vendors, so it would be a good idea for me to be trained on the entire set up and operations of the smoker, just in case I need to cook at home before a big event. I have learned all about the magic orange box that houses the controls and modem for the fan.  I have taken charge and built, and kept the fire going all day long.  I also seasoned our pork shoulder and ribs, but I have done that numerous times for our other smoking events.   The picture is from this morning showcasing my pork shoulder which turned into pulled pork, ribs, and sausage. I love running the smoker.

While I was smoking our dinner, I was keeping my husband company as he created a new warmer box for the smoker. Do you see the rounded box on top of the square box in this picture? The rounded box is the warmer box we had before.  The square box is the fire box.  Tom made the smoker box bigger to hold a bigger warmer box so it will be able to hold several of our warmer trays. He hopes to have it done by next Saturday when we have a catering event. Yikes! I hope it is done in time.

I am very proud of what I have accomplished  today. I smell like smoke, but my husband says it is sexy. I made delicious food. I have enjoyed chatting with the neighbors and watching the birds at our feeder and bird bath. To end the day we are watching the Darlington night race cuddled on the couch. A very Wow day indeed!


No comments:

Post a Comment