Monday, May 14, 2012

What Ever Happened To Customer Service?

I hate calling Sprint's Customer Service!
Today is definitely a bang my head against the wall day when it comes to Sprint's Customer Service.  I would rather go to the dentist voluntarily and have a root canal on all my teeth than speak to the customer service. Please solve my issues. I want off of this merry-go-round!

Let me give you some of my 7-8 year history with Sprint.  The Sprint cell service started out as promised.  I am in a "good" service area as shown by the coverage map given by Sprint. See the Sprint Coverage Map.  I consistently had the 2-3 bars as promised by Sprint on my contract. I rarely roamed to the Verizon cell phone tower. Over the years this has changed to roaming a bit more to roaming almost all the time with the occasional 1 bar of Sprint service. They sent me new phones, same issues. I have been told that towers where down, but told that wasn't true.

I'm sure you are wondering why I stayed with Sprint all of these years.  I'll be happy to explain.  First off I am locked into a contract. Contracts suck when the service provider limits the service. I would have to pay the break contract fee for three lines on my account. We are talking upwards of $600-$1000 in fees. I have been promised numerous times the towers will be fixed.

Today I finally made headway with these issues with Sprint. Here is what I did.
  • Don't forget to take notes of the people names, badge number if given, and all of the promises they make you.
  • Call in (1-888-211-4727) and start having Sprint document the issue.  
  • Let them finish their script. Let's admit it, Sprint asks the same questions in the same order each time you call. They use a script.
  • Ask to speak to a manager to "resolve your issue." 
  • Be prepared to go around and around and around and around in circles. Stick to your guns filled with facts.  I would recommend having a glass of water nearby.  
  • If that does help keep asking to speak to their manager.
  • Have the manager file a ticket.
  • Get that number!  They do not like to give you that number. Keep pushing to get it. It will help you in the long run.
  • Here is the secret Sprint does not want you to know about!  Email okcqc@sprint.com with your Sprint phone number and that really important ticket number. This goes straight to the engineers who actually solve the issues.
I will keep you posted when my issues are finally solved. Hopefully my dead tower near my home will be resurrected soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment